Tuesday, April 15, 2008

GMAT aftermath

first off, sorry for the delay in this post-GMAT entry. after the exam last monday, i decided to take a break from all things MBA related... including my blog. it was a good rest for a full week, but now i'm ready to get the ball rolling again.

so, in terms of my GMAT, i did.... pretty average [Q49 / V36 / AWA 5.5 = 700(92%)]. [edit] ok, it was above average, but i couldn't help but be a little disappointed in myself as i was hoping to score a lot better. all of my practice exams were in the mid-700 range, but i only barely broke the 700 mark. hence i made the decision to take the exam again in a couple months. 700 is an acceptable score, but not quite what i was aiming for. so, it's back to the books, the reading, the studying all over again. since the verbal section is what killed me, i need to go back and make sure that i perfect all the SC rules, and fully understand the CR and the RC like the back of my hand.

it's kind of a bummer to think about studying for the GMAT again. but on a positive note, i'm very thankful that i actually have another chance to get this right early on in the application process. =)

here's to another few months of studying!!

6 comments:

JulyDream said...

Please never consider a 700 average! I'm sorry but since when is the 92nd percentile average? This is not to sound bitter, but be proud of your accomplishment and your step towards an MBA.

Next, do you REALLY need to retake the GMAT?? A 700 in your quiver is solid no matter which program you plan to apply. It's more of a check mark IMO and the essays, introspection and reasons for pursuing an MBA are far more important than lifting your verbal score by 6 points. Granted, perhaps it's your own personal challenge, but think about it. Read some of the applicant blogs... hopefully you'll understand what I mean.

Unknown said...

If I have your score, I will never have my eternal woes about the GMAT.. trust me.. it's a great score.

I totally agree with julydream. You might as well send that 250 bucks to Idol Gives Back :)

adekku said...

Hi Fishee. I know 700 is not your target score but for me I'd die to get the same score.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the words of encouragement on my blog ... I wish you the best of luck in your endeavor.

dealornodeal said...

Hey, this is Sarah from Manhattan GMAT. I saw your blog on Google Alerts and I was wondering if you'd be interested in us sponsoring you--i.e. you link to us, we link to you. Check us out: http://www.manhattangmat.com/blog/. Anyway, if you're interested, go ahead and shoot me an email at sjacobsson@manhattangmat.com :)

MBA Monk said...

long time no post...