Sunday, December 7, 2008

Wharton Visit and Interview

I just came back from my long and winding travels to Wharton and Kellogg. Let me just say, coming from Southern California, I completely underestimated the weather out there in Chicago. I mean, I thought Philly was bearable, but Chicago... man oh man, twas a different story.

But first things first, Wharton. My interviewer was a 2nd year student who was very nice and friendly, which made it easier for me to interview with him. He mentioned that Wharton students really don't have the "jerk" factor and people don't have their noses in the air just because they're at Wharton. I really liked that because I wouldn't want to be in an environment full of big-headed people.

I absolutely loved the campus and the small college town surrounding the university. Philly is such a small but cute city... I can totally see myself here next year (i hope!). My Wharton interview went pretty well and I'm feeling good about how everything turned out. I believe this week was the last week of interviews for round 1, so all we need to do now is wait and see the results in a couple weeks.

Here are the questions I was asked:

- Walk through career path
- Why MBA/Why Now?
- Why Wharton?
- More detail about extracurriculars
- What do you want to learn/gain through Wharton?
- Anything not covered in interview/application?
- Any questions for me?


Nothing too surprising or out of the norm. I actually thought it was a breeze compared to my ill-prepared Duke interview. I guess practice does make perfect in this case.

Well here are some photos from my Philly/Wharton visit:












I'll put together my Kellogg recap together in another post. Best of luck to all Wharton R1 applicants waiting along with me!!

1 comment:

Vani said...

Hi Fishee,

Thanks for sharing your interview experience. Best of luck!

I strongly believe that a current student or an alumnus knows the best about their school, and what qualities their school looks for in an MBA candidate. So, I suggest MBA candidates speak to as many alumni/current students as possible before the interview.

InterviewBay provides mock interviews directly from your target school's alumni and current students.

Feel free to contact me if you need any help!

Regards
Vani
http://www.InterviewBay.com
- Get Ready For The Interview