Monday, March 17, 2008

climbing up the GMAT ladder

i just took the last of my MGMAT CAT exams. i was so tired today and had a bit of a food coma from dinner, so i wasn't really expecting a stellar score. after finishing up the verbal section, i clicked to view the results... and my jaw dropped to the floor. i got a 770?! i blurted a loud "OH. MY. GOSH." and ran to the next room to tell my sister my little victory news. could it be that i'm almost ready to take the test? wow, i just hope it's not a fluke.

just to give my readers some perspective, here are my practice test scores from the very beginning:

01/19 GMAT Prep #1- 660
01/21 MGMAT Free Exam- 650 (Q40, V39)
02/02 MGMAT CAT Exam #1- 700* (Q47, V39)
02/09 MGMAT CAT Exam #2- 730* (Q49, V41)
02/18 MGMAT CAT Exam #3- 710* (Q49, V38)
02/23 Kaplan Onsite Exam- 710 (Q47, V43)
03/06 MGMAT CAT Exam #4- 740* (Q49, V42)
03/16 MGMAT CAT Exam #5- 770 (Q50, V45)

* the scores with an asterisk are the ones i don't count as accurate scores. i actually went over the time limit on the quant section for these exams.

but today's exam was strictly timed and i hit a new personal best. maybe i work better under timed pressure after all. this definitely made my whole weekend~ =)

now to april 7 --> D-21!

4 comments:

adekku said...

Wow. That's great Fishee. I wish you getting the same score (or even higher) for the real test. I haven't set my test date. Too much procrastination. Any tips for me on how you study GMAT? What books are you using? And so far do you like it?

Mo Zhou said...

YaY! I think you are going to do great!

gullu said...

Thats some climbing the ladder. I am giving mine on 15th april. Just one doubt, can you give me a guesstimate of how many mistakes i can make on quant and verbal for a score of say 700-750, i know the whole story about adaptable test and how it works, but then if you can give me a rough estimate that should be good enough :) My Id is balaji.murthy@gmail.com
Thanks in Advance :)

Yeung said...

good luck for u ,hope u get higher score in the real test.I also wanna join the test in recent future.